Payables Accountant: Responsible for processing the payment cycle activities in terms of; completing payments and controlling expenses; by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Payables Accountant Main Responsibilities:
– Revise the received payment and disbursement requests from all departments and the attached invoices and supporting documents to ensure acquiring complete documentation to proceed with the payments approval and processing procedures.
– Perform the 3-way match for the Local/Foreign/Manufacturing which includes comparing and contrasting three documents; the POs – Purchase Orders-, the receiving reports, and the invoices.
– Check up on local payment requests; ensuring that taxes are deducted, and on foreign payment requests; ensuring that customs and insurance are considered; then review them with the payment invoices; document them on the ERP system.
– Revise all POs –Payment Orders- on the system for all local departments; against invoices and review all contracts before processing payments.
– Review vendors’ balances to ensure that there are no outstanding payables by the vendors and that they meet their contractual terms before releasing payment.
– Review checks received from treasury and deliver the cheques to the bank to ensure all payments are successfully processed to the right vendors’ accounts and that there are no outstanding invoices/payments.
– Monitors, reviews and verifies AP transactions for accuracy, timeliness, and adequacy of supporting documentation; and ensures compliance with internal policies.