In 2012, EGIC established the Egyptian Foundation for Sanitary Engineering (EPF) for the sake of supporting plumbers’ community. EPF is a non-profit organization that provides its members with essential services as we understand that they usually face a variety of risks during their work every day in installing and maintaining numerous piping systems. EPF medical insurance covers full and partial costs of medicine, physicians, medical analysis and x-rays. Subscribers can easily claim compensation in case they have physical harm or in need for medical treatment.
In addition, the Foundation contributes with the retired plumbers through Takaful Box that beneficiaries are eligible to receive their monthly pension at age 60. The disabled plumbers are also compensated through social care programs and small projects. Moreover, the families of the deceased members get total of L.E 1000 for funeral expenses plus L.E 50000 in case plumber anciently died or L.E 25000 in normal cases.
Today, the Foundation serves more than 4000 members with medical and social insurance, educational services, loans, trips, welding machines and more.
EPT social and economic development programs include;
- Financial compensations: loans free of interest (School loan, marriage loan, Ramadan bags, etc.)
- Takaful Box: monthly pension for retired or disabled professionals, financial aid for retired plumbers and the families of the deceased members
- Social care programs: Funding small projects for women-breadwinners in agriculture, poultry farming, handicraft, sewing and trading projects
- Health care cards and medical treatment: full and partial coverage on medicine, physicians, medical analysis and x-rays
- Entertainment trips: summer trips and Umrah
In 2009, EGIC established Nahdet Beni Suef Foundation (NBNS) as a non-profit organization in Beni Suef, authorized by the ministry to social solidarity. NBNS aim is to develop rural small villages to deliver healthy community, free of poverty and able to sustain by itself.
The foundation mainly focuses on fighting poverty, ignorance and diseases by providing financial and social contributions such as;
- Affording loans free of interest to low-income individuals/groups
- Funding small projects to raise the standard level of living
- Promoting secured social networks
- Empowering economical activities for women
- Developing the youth and fresh graduates personal skills and give them the opportunity to find a new job vacancy
NBNS contributes in developing many small villages and rural communities in Egypt by designing and building new houses. Also, we provide old houses with proper drainage solutions and electricity stations to sustain in clean healthy environment.